Case 1816

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ert01

I'm trying to narrow down what year of Case 1816 I have. The previous owners have done a bunch of modifications to it and it's making it hard to identify. Is there a website or something I can use to track it down by the Serial number? I'd like to get the operators manual and service manual for it but I want to make sure I'm getting the right year before I buy a manual for the wrong skidsteer.

The most obvious thing was that someone swapped out the original Tecumseh and replaced it with a Wisconsin... but I also don't see any electric clutch wiring and I don't see any manual clutch lever. I'm thinking that maybe it was replaced with a centrifugal clutch? Or just removed altogether. I haven't really dug into this machine yet to figure that one out.

I am pretty excited to start cleaning this machine up and seeing what it can do on my property. I'd really like to add aux hydraulics to the front and convert the bucket to a quick tach system but that's just the start. Maybe it'll get repowered with a more modern engine if I can find a good deal on a Honda GX around here.