Case 1816 Vickers hydraulic pump rebuilding?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

greenbuggy

Hi guys, couple days ago I bought a Case 1816 Uniloader, serial no 9826415 from an estate sale. Previous owner had repowered it to a twin cyl Kohler, according to his son it was running and driving less than a year ago but one of the pumps was leaking badly, he tore it apart before getting sick and passing away so I have one pump that is a complete assembly and one that is a box of parts, according to the book by serial no these would have been fitted with Vickers pumps and the part numbers on the physical pump is 232833, according to the uniloader operations manual these would have been Vickers TAG-50A-11-646 models but googling that part no brings up next to nothing. Looking for recommendations for reseal kits for these pumps and curious if there's any good rebuilding vids or photos for problem areas to watch for during reassembly especially since I wasn't the one who disassembled it. Have a parts manual from the Facebook 1816 group and have checked the Coleman equipment site, looks like most of the case part numbers are obsolete/discontinued for the seals and gaskets on this pump, thanks for any help you can give

OP
OP
G

greenbuggy

Following this up:
The TAG number showed in the operations manual is no good, it's actually a TA6 pump (apparently the TA6 was separate pump/motor and the T66 pump was a combined unit) and according to parts dept at my local Case non-ag dealer its a TA6-50A-11-511 pump.

2 places I found that sell reseal kits for these, Proactive fluid power in Michigan and Hydrostatic transmission service in Mississippi.

When I took mine apart (even more than it was already) found some worn out needle bearings - though the case parts book shows them to be different part numbers for the pintle and main shaft, all of mine were Torrington B-118, which crosses to the same Koyo number, readily available on eBay and Amazon inside of $7/ea shipped. Manual shows the pintle support ones as having to be driven in to a specific depth, would have been nice if Vickers would have machined a step for them to seat against.

Main ball bearing is a 6204ZZ (dual metal shield), found a few SKFs on eBay for a little over $9 ea shipped.

Tried to get the service manual recommended sealant - Permatex Super 300 - from my local Napa, only one store in the country had it according to my local store when I tried to get it and that store said they didn't have any IRL when I tried to order it. Found some on eBay for under $12 shipped.

In process of rebuilding/resealing the first pump now.