Case 1737 Rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jaymzz

Hello all new here. I bought a 1972 Case unaloader 1737 skid steer that when I bought it knew it needed some work. It has been sitting for some years. What I didn't know is that most of the parts are discontinued and even having a hard time finding used parts. Seems a little odd since it was in production for so many years but it is what it is. I do like fixing old stuff up and own a hotrod shop so not new to tinkering and fabricating parts, but this is a little much trying to find parts and cross referencing what I can.
So far I have rebuilt the left clutches and chains and roller bearings, changed all the fluids, tune up on the gas engine and got it running better. Once I got the left side rebuilt it made it about 15 feet and then locked up and killed the engine. At first I thought the engine gave out but upon further inspection the gearbox locked up. I have been reading for about two weeks and finally giving in to asking and hopefully finding someone that can help.
Here is where I am...
Hydraulics don't work. After taking the pump off if feels good but all the lines and filter are empty and nothing works. Could it need bled once the gearbox is rebuilt? Learning hydraulics so sorry if newb question.
Gearbox is a huge issue so far. Here is what I have done and researched.
My Skid Steer was supposed to have a Hub City gearbox and upon teardown found out it has been swapped with a Von Ruden box at some point of it's life.
For anyone that is looking for information like me here is some cross reference parts that I have looked into.
Hub city gear box #02-21-01469-136
#3 Case G57452 Napa LM48548 Need X4 Bearing
#4 Case G57451 Napa LM48610 Need X4 Bearing cup
#6 Case T40123 Napa 13535 Need X2 oil seal
#11 Case T40124 Napa 13876 Need X1 oil seal

Von Ruden Gear box 90443
#3 Case D53668 Napa unknow or any other brand Seal
#4 Case D53666 Napa NOS513651 Seal
#5 Case D53675 Napa unknown or any other brand Seal
#9 Case A29976 Napa BRG14137AVP Need X2 Bearing
#10 Case A29977 Napa BRGBR14276 Need X2 Bearing cup
#19 Case 61447 Napa BRGJLM506849 Need X2 Bearing
#20 Case 61446 Napa BRGJLM506810 Need X2 Bearing cup

As you can see I still need two more seal part numbers. Ideas?
Hub City wouldn't talk to me and I called one of their venders to find information but they also ran into a wall of dis continued parts.
After taking out the gearbox and finding out it's a Von Ruden box called them. They are super helpful and he is getting back to me next week to see what all parts he can find to help rebuild my gearbox. But so far haven't had much luck so still looking to cross reference part numbers incase they can't get me any parts. But if he does come back with some part numbers I will update this thread with them.
Also have been talking with Farmland tractor and they have been a huge help with knowledge but not in parts.

Clutches
Stearns clutch OEM D55212 Still available at $83.52 X5
Stearns disc OEM D55213 Still available at $82.36 X5

Kevlar replacement OEM T40018 Still available at $72.21

#40 chain OEM N2958
#50 chain OEM T40011
#80 chain OEM D53028
All chains are available at local parts houses and tractor supply stores.

I know I am new here but love to share my knowledge and hopefully some of these part numbers will help someone else. It has been a real struggle and a lot of phone calls and in person visits to find what I have as of now.
Anyways nice to meet you all. I have gotten a long ways from lurking here the last couple of weeks here with my skid steer. :)

Btw I would put pictures up but don't know how