Case 1737 needing drive pulley solution

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tired of trouble

This old unit has had a rough life, but I've been able to revive almost everything but simply can't solve the problem with the variable speed pulley. The pulley speed is regulated by hydraulic pressure controlling the distance open or closed. Mechanically, it confuses me as to how design allows the piston inside to contact the retaining snap ring without resulting in wear but was apparently engineered so that it does. Anyhow, the groove that the ring sits in has completely worn away. I've had the pulley removed several times with different ideas on how to repair but to no avail. I'd really like to talk with anyone familiar with this device and any possible remedies that might work. I've gotten to the point of where I'm considering altering the drive to possibly chain or solid pulley providing only one mid range speed. What I'd really like to do is get it repaired correctly but have failed repeatedly. Surely theres somebody around that knows the ins and outs of this type of drive.

1737S SKIDDY

Hey I have a few questions on a 1737S uni-loader I some questions I think you might be able to help me out with