Can't lift arms after hydraulic line burst

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mofarm

I had a line burst somewhere under the cab while moving some dirt around yesterday. I had a neighbor come over with his skid and try to lift up the arms so I could lock them up, no luck. It will lift the arms about 4" but at that point it just lifts up the front of the entire machine. So I can't get under the cab to attempt a repair.

How high should the pressure relief valve knob in the cab raise when pulled on? Does it lock in the "up" position when done correctly? I can't get mine to raise up more than about 3/16" and I have to hold it up to keep it up. The knob will spin in a complete circle and no position had any apparent "detent" where it would lift up higher. The owners manual just says "Pull the override control knob UP while the assistant raises the secondary external lifting device." Are there other valves or safeties that would prevent the arms from lifting with a loss of fluid? It seems like this should be very straight forward.

Assuming I can't get the knob to work, can I just disconnect the hoses from the lift pistons to allow for free movement?

This is for a 2015 C238 with about 900 hours. It had an intermittent 4431 (parking brake switch plausability check) code prior to this but otherwise no noticeable issues.

The closest dealer is over 50 miles away so I'd like to at least find the leak before bringing in the pros.

Any help is appreciated!