Can't engage Bobcat backhoe

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

FarmGal

We are new to skidsteers. Always had tractors before. We bought a used Bobcat model 773 skidsteer with a Bobcat backhoe model 709 and other attachments, all in great condition. The skidsteer works all of the attachments except the backhoe. We have backhoe connected properly and all hoses attached. We press the Aux button once for the first green light, then press it again to lock in the aux. hydraulics At that point we thought that we should be able to move to backhoe seat and work the backhoe. What are we missing? Are there other buttons, or levers that need to be engaged.? Should the seat bar be down?

We watched the previous owner run the backhoe and thought we understood what to do. Unfortunately, we should have watched more. We would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Tregan

Hello. I just joined the forum. Did you ever figure your problem out. I also have a 773 and just bought a 709 backhoe. The only way I can seem to use mine is to hold the right handle thumb switch to the right. I can't seem to figure out how to lock in aux flow?

Thanks in advance.

Dameon

I had a 909 backhoe on a T300 (with custom rigid mounts) and the trick is in both your posts above... yes, enable the hydraulics with the green button and then squeeze the right trigger to start flow to the backhoe. The thumb trigger is a momentary switch. The trigger is an on/off switch.

Good luck.