Cannot find serial number on my 743 bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Treesforme

Good evening all, just acquired a 743 bobcat and have no idea where to find my serial number I have looked over and over I have googled it and I have talked to bobcat and I cannot find anything does anyone have any advice on where to find the serial number for my skid steer?

brdgbldr

If you are standing at the back of the machine, the serial number plater should be just above the grill on the left side.

Sometimes these plates get painted over. Other times they get torn off. And sometimes they are removed, especially if the machine is stolen.

If it has been remove, you should still see the 4 holes where the rivets were unless they were filled in before painting.
1665491316265.jpeg

Wayne440

...sometimes they are removed, especially if the machine is stolen...

FYI- possession of a machine with a "removed" serial number is illegal in my state, it may be in yours.

If I had "just acquired" such a machine, I would contact the seller and get my money back or verifiable
(law enforcement approved) proof of legitimate ownership.

OP
OP
Treesforme

Treesforme

FYI- possession of a machine with a "removed" serial number is illegal in my state, it may be in yours.

If I had "just acquired" such a machine, I would contact the seller and get my money back or verifiable
(law enforcement approved) proof of legitimate ownership.
Thank you for your advice but the guy I bought it off of he is very responsive to me picks up the phone and helps me find information on the machine itself the prior owners so I'm still having a problem finding my serial number it's not on this machine I know there might be another place for it but I don't know where

brdgbldr

Thank you for your advice but the guy I bought it off of he is very responsive to me picks up the phone and helps me find information on the machine itself the prior owners so I'm still having a problem finding my serial number it's not on this machine I know there might be another place for it but I don't know where
I've been told on newer machines that Bobcat would stamp the number on the chain case. Either on the front of the chain case or on either side near the motor covers. You could check these areas, and maybe get lucky, but I have never seen the serial number stamped on the chain case of older machines.

mrbb

if its not where its supposed to be, that is typically red flag as to someone took the time to remove it, stolen machine are not that un common, all the more so if it sold a few times,
and you could end up loosing the machine,a s possession of stolen property can get impounded if found, and Bobcat typically required a VIn to order parts and they RUN checks on things when they do!
nice guy or or not, he could have bought it not knowing it was stolen and now its your's??
I'd make sure before going farther down the road with this!

Latest posts