CA40g Fuel Additive

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

owensge

I wanted to put this up to see if any of you have heard of / tried the CA40g fuel additive by CMH Industries (http://www.ca40g.com). I have used it in my gas vehicle with some noticeable improvement in gas mileage, but have yet to put it in the bobcat.
I'd like to get a take on this from you guys who have a lot of experience with engines. Any input on fuel additives in general would also be helpful.
Added: CMH Industries has provided two free bottles for the Forum, so if any of you would like to be a test case let me know and I'll ship to you free of charge.

sandhills-elect

I have been adding soybean oil to my 7.3 powerstroke and i think it helps the mileage and it sure did quite it down since we had to go to ultra low sulfure desiel. I use it in all my desiel motors. I use about 4 ounces to 10 gallons of fuel. I had tried biodesiel and liked it, it is just hard to get. So i just use oil and make my own. I buy it from a gas station here and cost me 20 dallors for 5 gallon that is a cheap additive, i think. In the winter here in Nebraska i run some Howes to keep it from gelling. I talked to a truck drive who put it in this truck and he had better mileage and the piro gauge said it ran cooler under heavy loades. Just my 2 cents. See ya Brent.

perry

I have been adding soybean oil to my 7.3 powerstroke and i think it helps the mileage and it sure did quite it down since we had to go to ultra low sulfure desiel. I use it in all my desiel motors. I use about 4 ounces to 10 gallons of fuel. I had tried biodesiel and liked it, it is just hard to get. So i just use oil and make my own. I buy it from a gas station here and cost me 20 dallors for 5 gallon that is a cheap additive, i think. In the winter here in Nebraska i run some Howes to keep it from gelling. I talked to a truck drive who put it in this truck and he had better mileage and the piro gauge said it ran cooler under heavy loades. Just my 2 cents. See ya Brent.
IMO, any additive is suspect, if you can't find detail ingredients, I would stay away. An example is octane booster, commonly found in parts and convenience stores, when it says it will boost octane by 1-2-3-4 or 6 points, it means (example) 87.1 to 87.2, not from 87 to 88. One of the biggest rip-offs around.
I would use MoS2 (Molybdenum Di-sulfide), you can find out all you want to know about it on the web.