C238

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GV238

Turn lights on and they all come on its like the switch has only 1 function have to pull relay out to get them off and now accessories fuse blows as soon as I replace the fuse. Checked all grounds I could find wiring appears good not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

OP
OP
G

GV238

Turn lights on and they all come on its like the switch has only 1 function have to pull relay out to get them off and now accessories fuse blows as soon as I replace the fuse. Checked all grounds I could find wiring appears good not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated? Machine is a 2013 C238 I swapped out light relays changed switch also and now after cleaning grounds my heater blower quit after an hour of work and when I put in new accessorie fuse it blows immediately

brdgbldr

Sounds like a short somewhere. The first thing I would look at is the ignition switch.

brdgbldr

You're going to have to trace the wires. Clean and check all connections. Look for any pinched or rubbed spots. My opinion is that you have a hot wire somewhere that is shorting to another wire. This could be inside a wire loom where two wires have rubbed together wearing off the insulation. You can try to check each wire with a meter to find the short. Check the fuse ports and see if you can figure our what has power that shouldn't.

Electrical problems suck.

MX727

Check with the dealer, there have been some customer service campaigns on wiring.

OP
OP
G

GV238

You're going to have to trace the wires. Clean and check all connections. Look for any pinched or rubbed spots. My opinion is that you have a hot wire somewhere that is shorting to another wire. This could be inside a wire loom where two wires have rubbed together wearing off the insulation. You can try to check each wire with a meter to find the short. Check the fuse ports and see if you can figure our what has power that shouldn't.

Electrical problems suck.
Thanks! Yes the surely do.

OP
OP
G

GV238

Check with the dealer, there have been some customer service campaigns on wiring.
I did check with them a few Yeats back and they did have a campaign that I missed but for what mine is doing it had nothing to do with it.

OP
OP
G

GV238

Well thanks for all your input guys turns out the the drivers side headlight wires were pinched from factory causing the switch issue and the blower/accessorie fuse is issue is being repaired by running a new wire with an inline fuse.

Attachments

• 20221219_132051.jpg
    20221219_132051.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20221219_132059.jpg
    20221219_132059.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20221219_132103.jpg
    20221219_132103.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 54

brdgbldr

Well thanks for all your input guys turns out the the drivers side headlight wires were pinched from factory causing the switch issue and the blower/accessorie fuse is issue is being repaired by running a new wire with an inline fuse.
Glad to see you found it. A lot of the time the bad wires are wrapped and impossible to see. You'd think that with as many electrical problems as all machines have they would look into a better way to wire them.