C238- no glow plugs

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CMC76

I haven't really dug I to my issue since fall. But it's time to get at it. I keep my c238 in a shipping container out on some property I own. 2 years ago it had an extensive wiring project as mice has done their worst.
I got in, the panel lit up. However the timer for glow plugs would not come on. I tried starting a few times bit wouldn't fire.
I did find some old write ups suggesting that a low battery would not supply enough voltage for the glow plug timer to come on. Plan is to check just how dead the battery is, put a jump pack on it, new battery if I have to. Naturally it's parked in the container, so I'll have to do some gymnastics to get at the battery. But has anyone run Into this?

OP
OP
C

CMC76

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this.
I swapped the battery out. After about 5 minutes hooked up, the panel showed glow plug timer at 0. Since it's warm out. Fired right up.
Just hooking the battery up alone wasn't enough, if I had to guess the glow plug system holds on to a little juice. I'm sure that's the technical term. But for a few minutes, wasn't happening. Them boom all good. Machine has sat for a while, March at least. Was purring like a kitten in minutes.