C185 with AIC ec codes

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Antlery

Hi folks. I have a new to me 2010 c185. It has the AIC with 5 digit display. I get an intermittent engine warning light (yellow crank case icon with an exclamation mark). I'm getting faults EC004, EC007, and EC010. I have the owners manual and service manual, however, I can't seem to find anything about any fault codes. Does anyone know where I can find thus information?

Tazza

Staff member
Sounds like a low engine oil pressure warning, have you tried changing the sender?
That is one thing you never want to run low on pressure or the engine can eat it's self up.

Mike10

Sounds like a low engine oil pressure warning, have you tried changing the sender?
That is one thing you never want to run low on pressure or the engine can eat it's self up.
EC001 - Charge pressure EC002 - engine oil pressure EC003 - hydraulic oil filter EC004 - Air filter / EGR malfunction EC005 - Hydraulic oil temp EC006 - Coolant Temp EC007 - Over-voltage/ Under-voltage EC008 - Grid Heater Status EC009 - fuel solenoid status EC010 - Aux Override status EC011 - Hydraulic enable Fault EC012 - Work lights EC013 - Park brake Status

Mike10

EC001 - Charge pressure EC002 - engine oil pressure EC003 - hydraulic oil filter EC004 - Air filter / EGR malfunction EC005 - Hydraulic oil temp EC006 - Coolant Temp EC007 - Over-voltage/ Under-voltage EC008 - Grid Heater Status EC009 - fuel solenoid status EC010 - Aux Override status EC011 - Hydraulic enable Fault EC012 - Work lights EC013 - Park brake Status
Probably the air cleaner is dirty, or the senders on the air cleaner do go bad.

OP
OP
A

Antlery

Probably the air cleaner is dirty, or the senders on the air cleaner do go bad.
Thanks mike10. First thing I did when I brought it home was do a full service, so both the inner and outer air filters are brand new. Given the intermittent nature of the fault, a sending unit going bad would make sense... Could the ec007 code be related to that sensor as well? Or is that for the chargung system? Alternator was replaced a couple months prior to me purchasing the machine.

walio123

Thanks mike10. First thing I did when I brought it home was do a full service, so both the inner and outer air filters are brand new. Given the intermittent nature of the fault, a sending unit going bad would make sense... Could the ec007 code be related to that sensor as well? Or is that for the chargung system? Alternator was replaced a couple months prior to me purchasing the machine.
Check the voltage with the tester. When the engine is running- on the battery terminals, it should be between 13.7 and 14.5. Low or high voltage or poor ground causes sensors to show errors.

OP
OP
A

Antlery

Check the voltage with the tester. When the engine is running- on the battery terminals, it should be between 13.7 and 14.5. Low or high voltage or poor ground causes sensors to show errors.
Update I have solved ec004 and ec007. I needed an intake sensor for ec004. As for ec007 I found a spot on the two wire connector that goes in to the alternator that had rubbed through both wires. Im assuming they were occaisionally rubbing together causing ec007. Since they have been fixed, I'm no longer getting that code. However, I can't seem to get rid of ec010. Im not even sure where to begin on this one. Its not bringing up the warning light, but when I check the log there is typically 2 -5 occurances.

OP
OP
A

Antlery

Update I have solved ec004 and ec007. I needed an intake sensor for ec004. As for ec007 I found a spot on the two wire connector that goes in to the alternator that had rubbed through both wires. Im assuming they were occaisionally rubbing together causing ec007. Since they have been fixed, I'm no longer getting that code. However, I can't seem to get rid of ec010. Im not even sure where to begin on this one. Its not bringing up the warning light, but when I check the log there is typically 2 -5 occurances.
Also - charge voltage is fine. I'm getting between 14.23 - 14.27v at idle and full throttle. Ground strap to the block looks good also.