Bypass 7753 boom lift solenoid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rodbuilder

I bought a nice 7753, but the boom wont lift. Along with that some bozo removed everythin related to the lap bar sensor so that's not functional either! So, as I see this, I have a couple of options - Go to the expense of buying all the parts, or just throw a hotwire on a couple solenoids and be done with it! I picked #2!!! But can someone tell me which solenoid t attack? As I understand, the lap bar sensor throws power to the left/side control vave, then the de direction is controlled by the right/side valve? So, do I have to hotwire the solenoids on BOTH valves or just the one on the right side of the machine? HELP!! I want to get this thing going!

flyerdan

It sounds like you should be able to fool the controller into thinking the lap bar switch is made, that should be easier than stringing wires to solenoids.
There doesn't appear to be a 7753 book in the manual thread, but any book for solenoid controlled machines should have the diagrams for the lap bar circuit, it should be the same across the platform.

OP
OP
R

rodbuilder

It sounds like you should be able to fool the controller into thinking the lap bar switch is made, that should be easier than stringing wires to solenoids.
There doesn't appear to be a 7753 book in the manual thread, but any book for solenoid controlled machines should have the diagrams for the lap bar circuit, it should be the same across the platform.
I really ' looking for a guess, I was looking for an answer.

Tazza

Staff member
I really ' looking for a guess, I was looking for an answer.
As you already know, seat and seat bar sensors are the safety devices that will tell the confuser to unlock. I see no reason why you can't get a new sensor and magnet and tap into the wires to make it think the seat bar is always down, the only issue is the safety side of things.
I'd like to think a new sensor and other hardware can't be too expensive, just run your own new wires, buying harnesses is stupidly expensive.

Wayne440

As you already know, seat and seat bar sensors are the safety devices that will tell the confuser to unlock. I see no reason why you can't get a new sensor and magnet and tap into the wires to make it think the seat bar is always down, the only issue is the safety side of things.
I'd like to think a new sensor and other hardware can't be too expensive, just run your own new wires, buying harnesses is stupidly expensive.
And "the safety side of things" is probably why you may not get a specific "connect a wire here" answer to your question. Since advice here is free - there is nothing to gain by helping you bypass a safety device, and much liability attached.