Buying / Choosing new track

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vinito

Anybody have any thoughts on rubber track these days? It seems evident that this is somewhat relatively less mature compared to other parts, but the complaints of just a few years ago might not be as applicable currently. Not long ago the recommendation was to bite the bullet and go with OEM every time, though there was one or two aftermarkets with decent reputation. Seems like the complaints have tapered off and aftermarket track from some suppliers has a better reputation than before, or at least doesn't get instant "don't do it" warnings at least. Thus is my current deduction from searching and reading the past few days...
I was going to wait until this winter (roughly November around here) before buying new tracks, but it occurred to me that maybe going ahead and getting and using new track now and keeping my beat up old ones for emergencies might make more sense and make my loader use more pleasant. My track has a complete set of those bolt-on plastic drive wedges on both tracks (uugh!) and I would guess that is making the ride rougher and noisier than intact track would give me. Do you agree? (I will be going through the undercarriage completely to make sure it's all up to snuff first)
So this is the track I was thinking about buying. It comes from trackloaderparts.com and they offer both this stuff and OEM. Since they could sell me either I kinda figured they must have vetted this track out before deciding to offer it for sale alongside the OEM track, but that's just my own assumption. It does have a good guarantee ("15 month, hassle free, replacement or money back guarantee, shipping covered both ways").
Anyway, here's a link:
https://www.trackloaderparts.com/duroforce/

Latest posts