Bucket dropping quickly 262C

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mike9663

I was hoping someone had an idea where to start::
I was working bucket hydraulics Really hard trying to move tree stump maxing out hydraulic lift capabilities, now my bucket just drops instantly after raising it, any ideas if it's rams or spool valve?or where to start?

mrbb

could be a few things, are lift cylinders leaking any fluid, maybe you blew some seals in them/

Equipment_Tech

Lol......

When over loading weight, working either your boom arm or bucket you can damage your pressure relief valve

Just swap out relief valve with another one on same valve block to confirm

Replacement is not cheap over thousand dollars in most cases

Let me know if you need any help

Equipment_Tech

Lol......

When over loading weight, working either your boom arm or bucket you can damage your pressure relief valve

Just swap out relief valve with another one on same valve block to confirm

Replacement is not cheap over thousand dollars in most cases

Let me know if you need any help
Obviously the relief valves need to be the same when swapping them ( same part #)

brdgbldr

I was hoping someone had an idea where to start::
I was working bucket hydraulics Really hard trying to move tree stump maxing out hydraulic lift capabilities, now my bucket just drops instantly after raising it, any ideas if it's rams or spool valve?or where to start?
My first thought is that you lost the piston seal inside of the tilt cylinder.

Gearclash

With a bucket coupled on, lower the arms hard against the stops, then lift the front wheels of the skid steer off the ground with the bucket. If the bucket cylinders sag "up" almost as rapidly as they sag down, almost certainly a valve problem, not a cylinder piston seal.

Equipment_Tech

It fixed itself,used it it for 10 minutes and whatever was stuck it's working perfectly now!
Happy to hear that but unfortunately your taking a big risk by not replacing the relief valve because it can be very dangerous when lifting something heavy and it decides to let go, personal injury

Just letting you know

OP
OP
M

mike9663

I'd love to replace it,I'm just not sure where exactly or which one exactly,, I know it's it's on the main hydraulic valve assembly,,I just don't want to start pulling pieces if springs or other parts start flying out, thanks!!

Bobcat_S250

With a bucket coupled on, lower the arms hard against the stops, then lift the front wheels of the skid steer off the ground with the bucket. If the bucket cylinders sag "up" almost as rapidly as they sag down, almost certainly a valve problem, not a cylinder piston seal.
Hi Gearclash: My 2003 S250 Bucket Tilt bleeds down in about 20 Sec.
If I lift the front wheels with Bucket Tilt, it holds.
No bleed up.
It seems to me that if the Cyl. Piston Seals were leaking it would bleed up the same as down?
In this case it seems more likely a pressure relief for Tilt Lift has failed?

Gearclash

Hi Gearclash: My 2003 S250 Bucket Tilt bleeds down in about 20 Sec.
If I lift the front wheels with Bucket Tilt, it holds.
No bleed up.
It seems to me that if the Cyl. Piston Seals were leaking it would bleed up the same as down?
In this case it seems more likely a pressure relief for Tilt Lift has failed?
If the spool valve that controls those cylinders cannot leak, it is impossible for the cylinders to be forced to retract more than a very small amount. When a cylinder retracts, the rod displaces some of the total volume of oil in the cylinder barrel. If the oil has nowhere to go, the pressure in the cylinder builds until the rod can no longer retract. It doesn't matter if the seal is damaged, missing, or even if the rod piston is gone. Now if the cylinder is forced to extend and there is a bad piston seal, there can form a vacuum in the cylinder to account for the oil volume change.

In the event of a bad cylinder seal, it is possible for leakage on the "wrong" side of the spool valve to allow the cylinder to retract.

Since your machine will not sag the tilt cylinders to retract, there is almost certainly a cylinder seal leak.