Bought my first skid steer 🤦🏻‍♂️

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jamesonfults@gmail

Hello all! I bought my first skid steer a couple weeks ago which is an older case 1740. I bought the machine for what I felt a decent price, knowing it needed some tlc. The right side isn't pulling hardly at all when the lever is pushed forward. As soon as I got it home, I drained all hydraulic fluid out and replaced with new, because it has turned to milk. I also adjusted the clutch by loosening the set screw and tightening the nut as I've read and watched people do on YT. I also have gotten some of the pin slack out of the bars that connect to the clutch, lever, and pulleys on the right side. Nothing has helped yet, so I was wondering if anyone may have an idea of where to start next? The chains all have around an inch of movement, the sprockets are all in good shape, and the clutches seem to be engaging like they're supposed to. One thing I did notice is that there appears to be a bracket missing in between the pump and the belt, which causes it to have a pretty extreme rattle. I do intend on buying or fabricating another bracket, but would this cause the right side not to pull forward? I'll try to attach pics if I can. Thanks!

Attachments

• B44E57DF-66A4-4B50-A5F7-AFD2617DBCDC.jpeg
    B44E57DF-66A4-4B50-A5F7-AFD2617DBCDC.jpeg
    661.3 KB · Views: 64