BOSS V Plow converted from Pickup Truck

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

keyguy

I bought a BOSS V Plow from a local government converted from a pickup truck mount to skidsteer. The plow is electric over hydraulic, and I want to use it with my CAT 236B (model year 2004). The problem is no controls came with it, so I just have a cable coming from the plow. I'm on a tight budget, still recovering from a divorce, and am trying to figure out the least cost way to get the plow working. Is there a suggestion of where to buy controls, or make the controls. The plow appears to be about 20 years old, but well taken care of.

walio123

The cheapest way is to make a control module. Are you familiar with electricity? If it is not going to be quite difficult. And I doubt you will find a ready for use control module for such an old snowplough. If you are able to make a wiring diagram of the snowplough, I will try to help. Or at least send a picture of the hydraulic valve - with what solenoids it manages. Are you sure they work at 12 volts, quite often these solenoids are made to work at 24 volts Write an email to [email protected]

walio123

The cheapest way is to make a control module. Are you familiar with electricity? If it is not going to be quite difficult. And I doubt you will find a ready for use control module for such an old snowplough. If you are able to make a wiring diagram of the snowplough, I will try to help. Or at least send a picture of the hydraulic valve - with what solenoids it manages. Are you sure they work at 12 volts, quite often these solenoids are made to work at 24 volts Write an email to [email protected]
I found a lot of schematics of BOSS V PLOW. How many pins is the connector of yours? I think you can do a good control module for a fairly low price, and in a few cases it will be under $ 100.

Latest posts