bobtach overhaul

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

digsalot

Just rebuilt my bobtach on my 753. Talk about a lot of work. Never did get the locking pins to move. Lots of penetrating oil and a rosebud with a BFH didn't work. Cut them out and used sch 80 1 1/4 pipe for sleeves. Put replacement sockets in the plate and arms. Didn't have the money to get the arms line bored so I just used a torch. Kinda ugly holes but after welding nobody knows. put it together to align every thing and welded away. Not perfect but will work for me. being broke sure makes you work hard.

farmshop

I have rebuilt quick attach before. You will find out soon enough if you did a good job. If not straight enough the taper pins will break. Good luck. Hopefully you got it good to go

[email protected]

I have rebuilt quick attach before. You will find out soon enough if you did a good job. If not straight enough the taper pins will break. Good luck. Hopefully you got it good to go
BE CAREFUL. a couple weeks ago a friend of mines s160 had a pivot pin snap while the arms were in the air. the bobtach fell off the machine and hung by the pistons. smashed into the door shattering cutting the operators face. i had to help the guy get out, he was stuck in machine. all in all he wasn't really hurt. but pins are nothing to mess around with

OP
OP
D

digsalot

BE CAREFUL. a couple weeks ago a friend of mines s160 had a pivot pin snap while the arms were in the air. the bobtach fell off the machine and hung by the pistons. smashed into the door shattering cutting the operators face. i had to help the guy get out, he was stuck in machine. all in all he wasn't really hurt. but pins are nothing to mess around with
never heard of pins breaking. after welding I hung the plate by the pins only and it pivots by hand with no binding. That was dry with no grease yet. Hope it stays together.

Tazza

Staff member
never heard of pins breaking. after welding I hung the plate by the pins only and it pivots by hand with no binding. That was dry with no grease yet. Hope it stays together.
Good job on the repair, i have rebuilt three bobtaches that were well worn, bringing them back to as tight or tighter than new.
Bad luck for the guy that snapped pins, I'd guess that is something that is very rare, pins are meant to be case hardened, hard outer shell, gooey insides.

farmshop

Good job on the repair, i have rebuilt three bobtaches that were well worn, bringing them back to as tight or tighter than new.
Bad luck for the guy that snapped pins, I'd guess that is something that is very rare, pins are meant to be case hardened, hard outer shell, gooey insides.
We have snapped pins before never had anything like this happen.