Bobcat T650 vs Deere 325G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jimt1000

I'm in the market for a new or slightly used Track Loader. I'm considering either the Bobcat T650 or the Deere 325G. Both are comparable in terms of specs. The Deere is newer and doesn't have the following the Bobcat has. The Bobcat is certainly proven but has foot pedals for the tilt/lift in lieu of full control in the joysticks (at least I think that's the case). I am a little concerned about the foot pedals and their convenient function. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts or contributions on the pros and cons of these two machines. Regards.

Phil314

I just bought a new skid steer, so I've got a couple thoughts. I was looking at the Cat 262d, Bobcat S650, Case SV250 and a couple others. I leaned toward the Bobcat because of the 'following', they seem to outnumber by a lot. If I ask a question about a Bobcat, I'll get answers. With the other, I might get crickets. But I also really dislike foot controls. I wanted hand/joystick controls. I tried a lot of machines, but in the end I found an S650 with joysticks and I couldn't be happier. Turns out the best part of having joysticks, isn't the joysticks themselves, but with them you get a foot throttle. And I freakin love the foot throttle, it rocks. Use the foot throttle to zip back and forth, but leave the machine throttled down some for better control while lifting.

OP
OP
J

jimt1000

I just bought a new skid steer, so I've got a couple thoughts. I was looking at the Cat 262d, Bobcat S650, Case SV250 and a couple others. I leaned toward the Bobcat because of the 'following', they seem to outnumber by a lot. If I ask a question about a Bobcat, I'll get answers. With the other, I might get crickets. But I also really dislike foot controls. I wanted hand/joystick controls. I tried a lot of machines, but in the end I found an S650 with joysticks and I couldn't be happier. Turns out the best part of having joysticks, isn't the joysticks themselves, but with them you get a foot throttle. And I freakin love the foot throttle, it rocks. Use the foot throttle to zip back and forth, but leave the machine throttled down some for better control while lifting.
Thanks... I need to do a little more (or perhaps a lot more) research as in looking at the S650, as you stated, you have the joystick controls with a foot throttle; however, according to the Bobcat website, the T650 has the standard control function of joysticks and foot pedals for bucket lift/tilt. I too prefer a foot pedal accelerator or decelerator with controls for the direction, lift and tilt to be controlled by the joysticks.

Phil314

Thanks... I need to do a little more (or perhaps a lot more) research as in looking at the S650, as you stated, you have the joystick controls with a foot throttle; however, according to the Bobcat website, the T650 has the standard control function of joysticks and foot pedals for bucket lift/tilt. I too prefer a foot pedal accelerator or decelerator with controls for the direction, lift and tilt to be controlled by the joysticks.
T650's are available with the joystick control. They are just aren't as common as the hand/foot.

jlbart

T650's are available with the joystick control. They are just aren't as common as the hand/foot.
In my area most T650's are hand control with foot throttle. Only way to go in my opinion. In the future foot controls will go away.