Bobcat T650 touchscreen does not ask for password, am stuck

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tferrari

I have a bobcat T650 2011 that has run fine until today. Now when I switch on, the touch screen on the right flashes up the bobcat logo and thats it, it does not ask for the password as it used to co. The LCD screen on the left says CODE which the manual says means its waiting on the code from the touch screen on the right. (It is not showing any error codes which it should do if its not communicating with the deluxe intrument panel) I called bobcat and they said its likely a break in the harness or the touchscreen. Trouble is that the machine is miles from anywhere so I don't want to drag the technician all the way out here. I checked all the wiring and it seems OK, the touchscreen has 5 wires 12v constant, 12v switched, ground, all fine, and the 2 comms wires which communicate o nthe canbus, I don't have areader but they are 2.4v and 2.7 v (approx, which is what would be expected for high and low can. The other twist in this tale, is I removed the screen, put power to it constant and switched and it shows the attached error "R7404 NO COMMUNICATION TO MAIN CONTROLLER" which leads me to believe that when its plugged in, both sides seem to be talking to each other. I know its hard to diagnose this stuff online, but would be grateful for any pointers. I don't want to spend over $1000 on a new panel if the current one is working OK (that I am unsure of at this point) and the problem possibly lies elsewhere. Depending on the replies, I may just bite the bullet and call bobcat out, or take my panel into them and see if they can test it (anyone know if they have the ability to do this) thanks in advance

Thermoking

I had the same code R7404 on my Bobcat 2014 T650, the cause that I found was a rubbed wire from one of the switches on the hydraulic pump. I spliced the wire and soldered the connection poblem solved.