Bobcat T550 aux controller location?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nated

Hi, first time posting.. I have a 2015 Bobcat T550 with the Doosan engine (not Kubota) that has a M4404 error (Auxiliary Controller No Communication) that pops up from time to time. When that happens my aux powered implements stop working. If I wait a bit (usually drive around a bit) they will start working again.. So I am fairly sure this is either a bad wire, or a bad connection, but I don't know where to start looking.. Where on the machine is the Aux Controller located? Thanks! Nate

HumbleRoots

I've got the same issue on a 2017 T590.

What I've found is the aux controller is under the cab on the right side near where your feet would be as you look toward the back of the machine. It's whitish gray and the gateway controller is right next to it toward the front of the machine.

When I wiggle the connectors to the aux controller the code will go away so I've got some electrical issues too.

Anyone know if the controller themselves typically go bad?

johnl

I've got the same issue on a 2017 T590.

What I've found is the aux controller is under the cab on the right side near where your feet would be as you look toward the back of the machine. It's whitish gray and the gateway controller is right next to it toward the front of the machine.

When I wiggle the connectors to the aux controller the code will go away so I've got some electrical issues too.

Anyone know if the controller themselves typically go bad?
Did you ever find out if it was controller?

HumbleRoots

Did you ever find out if it was controller?
Never did. My controller has the retaining clip broken off. I'm going to try and plastic weld on a nub so the connector doesn't vibrate off. Much cheaper than buying a new controller. My problem only happens when the machine gets warm. Maybe 45 min -1hr of operation with the grapple.

johnl

Have a t770 and my symptoms were the same. Would act up only after maybe an hr of using the tree puller. Then would lose all aux functions. Wiring to controller looked good. Just got it back from dealership with new aux controller installed hopefully that fixes it. I will have to use it a bunch to see.

johnl

So far so good haven't had much time to use it. They didn't notice any wiring issues so thinking that's all it can be. I will update when I use it a bunch.

johnl

Finally got to use post puller/ brush bucket a bunch and I no longer have any issues I would say new aux controller definitely fixed it!