bobcat T200 left track dead please help !!!!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

yellow350z

Hi Guys, here is the strange one, 2002 Bobcat T200 never had issues with drives, always ran strong, first time decided to use AUX to chop some wood to make a firewood, next day i come out and right side track is just dead, no sign of life, no wine or grind or anything when i pull the handle, thought handle got disconnected from Hydrostatic pump, raised the cab and no handle is connected and tight, than thought brakes not releasing, but when activating left track right track spins with it, so its not on parking brake, lifted few inches from the ground and when pulling the handle nothing happens, no noise or any sign of life, can drive motor or hydrostatic pump just go out like that without giving any sign first ?? it looks like just no hydro coming to it because when i pull the handle usually you hear wining or some sort of sign of life but mine is just dead, everything else works great like left side track bucket and tilt works strong, please shine some light for me guys so i can start somewhere. Thank you and everyone have a blessed day !!!!!

flyerdan

Pretty sure that is a fly by wire system, so it's likely that you have an open in an electrical connection somewhere that isn't activating the drive solenoid. Especially after activating the aux system.
Is it throwing any codes? There isn't a book for the 200 in the manual thread, but maybe a 190 or 250 will have a troubleshooting chapter that will help.

OP
OP
Y

yellow350z

Pretty sure that is a fly by wire system, so it's likely that you have an open in an electrical connection somewhere that isn't activating the drive solenoid. Especially after activating the aux system.
Is it throwing any codes? There isn't a book for the 200 in the manual thread, but maybe a 190 or 250 will have a troubleshooting chapter that will help.
Strangely no codes at all, it starts up without any 3 beep codes, and the way you saying sound correct, because it just dont make any sound or any jerking or movement when i push the handle to go, almost like no hydro coming at all, i do have a Thick repair manual book for T200 and i was reading and it says if no movement at all than Hydrostatic is bad or drive motor is bad, i still dont think any of those 2 are bad because most people notice it going bad ahead of time, like it slows down or grinds or wining noise, mine wast doing any of those and 1 day its just nothing, im a mechanic my self and i removed my engine before when timing snapped and put new head gaskets and new timing and all that, im great when it comes to repairs but have no idea about hydro systems, if i know what to replace i have no issue replacing but i dont know what to go after.

ianmcolo

The brake system operates off of hydraulic charge pressure. There will be an electric solenoid with a brake valve, once the solenoid is active it allows charge pressure to release the brakes. Check to see if you have pressure coming out of the brake valve to the dead side. Just a thought.