Bobcat T 250 32-39 code

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Homer Allman

I have the dreaded 32-39 code on my t 250. Here are my questions. Does the t 250 have two actuators or one for the lift and tilt. I have the service manual and it looks like two. I just want to confirm. My tilt and lift levers are both locked. If one of the actuators is bad why are both sticks locked? Since both sticks are locked switching the actuator wiring harnesses to confirm which actuator is bad would be useless. Is this correct? The battery was run very low and the machine was parked for the winter and working. Could this low battery have done something? What are your thoughts on why both sticks are locked and how do I fix this issue. thanks

Bswwood

You have two actuators, one is for lift and the other for tilt. The 32-39 is for the lift which is the actuator on the bottom, tilt on top. If one is bad both sticks will remain locked for safety. More than likely you will need a new actuator however here is what Bobcat suggests: This problem typically shows up on older ACS loaders with the two separate aluminum spacer blocks that space the control valve from the actuators. These codes most likely indicate an actuator binding Information Brand Bobcat Potential Models Affected G-Series Loaders with separate spacer blocks for actuators Article Details This problem typically shows up on older ACS loaders with the two separate aluminum spacer blocks that space the control valve from the actuators. These codes most likely indicate an actuator binding issue. Slightly loosen the actuator screws of the actuator in questions (lower actuator = lift, upper actuator = tilt), tap on the aluminum spacer block, then re-tighten the actuator screws in the proper sequence. If the code is still active after resetting the system, loosen the screws slightly again, tap on the spacer block from the opposite direction, then re-tighten the actuator screws in the proper sequence. If the code is no longer active, the code was caused by the actuator plunger rubbing on the inside of the aluminum spacer block. If the code is still active, the actuator may be defective or the spool is not returning to neutral, indicating a broken spool return springs, loose spring hat or bent spool. Models Affected: G-Series Loaders with separate spacer blocks for actuators

OP
OP
H

Homer Allman

You have two actuators, one is for lift and the other for tilt. The 32-39 is for the lift which is the actuator on the bottom, tilt on top. If one is bad both sticks will remain locked for safety. More than likely you will need a new actuator however here is what Bobcat suggests: This problem typically shows up on older ACS loaders with the two separate aluminum spacer blocks that space the control valve from the actuators. These codes most likely indicate an actuator binding Information Brand Bobcat Potential Models Affected G-Series Loaders with separate spacer blocks for actuators Article Details This problem typically shows up on older ACS loaders with the two separate aluminum spacer blocks that space the control valve from the actuators. These codes most likely indicate an actuator binding issue. Slightly loosen the actuator screws of the actuator in questions (lower actuator = lift, upper actuator = tilt), tap on the aluminum spacer block, then re-tighten the actuator screws in the proper sequence. If the code is still active after resetting the system, loosen the screws slightly again, tap on the spacer block from the opposite direction, then re-tighten the actuator screws in the proper sequence. If the code is no longer active, the code was caused by the actuator plunger rubbing on the inside of the aluminum spacer block. If the code is still active, the actuator may be defective or the spool is not returning to neutral, indicating a broken spool return springs, loose spring hat or bent spool. Models Affected: G-Series Loaders with separate spacer blocks for actuators
Thank you so much for your reply. I removed both actuators and found the bottom one the lift was bound up. I put a replacement motor of it and it seems to work fine now compared to how it was working. The actuator now moves in and out freely. I did put them back on and I still have the same issue. I will take them out again and try to run it with the not attached. This should clear up any rubbing issues that you referred to. Will this work? I will also start to research your spool thoughts. If there is a spool problem, will I need to remove the control valve to fix it? thank you so much for the help. That was a great response.