BOBCAT STILL WONT START WTF!!!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

raffyo

hello, i checked everyrthing exept compresion but im having a hard time getting out the glow plugs is there anotherway to check the compresion. fuel is getting to all injectors timing belt is in the right place the selonoid is getting voltage and has a good ground. the fuel pump i just replaced.it ran perfect yesterday and today wont start it tries but no smoke nothing happens just cranks and cranks what could this be

Fishfiles

You can check compression thru the injectors , the adaptor is much more expensive , the fuel you say you see at the injectors is it just dribbles and bubbles are you getting good pressure , did the solinoid you replaced come with and adaptor for the wiring harness , and did you get a service bulletin with it , it could be a wiring issue to the solinoid , also I would look at the fuel it's self by draining off the bottom of the filter , do you fill from a can , I have seen people put gasoline in the tank and some strange things happen , sometimes they run away , sometimes they won't run , what kind of temperature are you trying to start up in , see it's very cold in a lot of states right now , I think I'd hit it with a small shot of starting fluid and see if I could get it to pop , go very light on the fluid as that motor vapor locks easily

pelpel

You say "NO Smoke" in your post, that typically means no fuel or there is no compression. Try turning the engine over by hand (with wrench / ratchet) to see if you have a lot of resistance indicating some compression.