Bobcat starting problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobccat

Hello

I have a problem with the bobcat s220, when you move it to the object it doesn't start, when you bring it back it starts every time.
if I turn it on directly from the starter, it starts. The ignition lock works without problems. Here is the question: could there be a fault in the hazard lights panel where the head connector and the ignition lock connector are connected, and would it be possible to test it somehow? this is a very chaotic and frustrating bug.maybe someone has experienced a similar problem and can advise

Attachments

• IMG_20230703_134550.jpg
    IMG_20230703_134550.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 69

S250-NSW-AU

Not sure what you mean by "when you move it to the object it doesn't start, when you bring it back it starts every time."
I have this similar issue with my S250 - however it commencenced randomly (like there was a problem with the contacts inside igntion switch). You would get a very short turning of the starter motor and then nothing.
In my unit the fuel shutoff solenoid stopped working (so I removed it and use manual shutoff lever) for testing
Now this inability to use the key to excite stater motor circuit
Checked the relays and fuses
I wonder if there is an issue inside the unit you have photographed
Has anyone found how to test that unit

S250-NSW-AU

Not sure what you mean by "when you move it to the object it doesn't start, when you bring it back it starts every time."
I have this similar issue with my S250 - however it commencenced randomly (like there was a problem with the contacts inside igntion switch). You would get a very short turning of the starter motor and then nothing.
In my unit the fuel shutoff solenoid stopped working (so I removed it and use manual shutoff lever) for testing
Now this inability to use the key to excite stater motor circuit
Checked the relays and fuses
I wonder if there is an issue inside the unit you have photographed
Has anyone found how to test that unit
I have this exact same issue (fuel cutoff and start issues) with my S250 (2008 build) - almost word for word.
Did you find the solution?

Tazza

Staff member
I had an issue with my S250 too, some times you turn the key on, and the panel may light up, or may not. Some days it would run fine then all of a sudden, shut off and try to throw me out of the cab when the brake kicks on.

The issue was found to be low power at the ignition switch, my mate was helping me look at the schematic and we injected 12v to it and presto, the dash lit up. I ended up jumping a wire to feed it +12v and now it hasn't missed a beat.

Latest posts