Bobcat s510 coolant into the engine oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

alextmh

I replaced the head and gasket on a bobcat s510 but engine oil getting into coolant and coolant in the engine oil. I need help to fix this. Also all the head gasket service was done at bobcat dealer and they couldn't solve the problem.

cdmccul

You've got coolant in the engine oil? Getting foamy or milky, almost looking like runny mayo?

Or you have oil in your coolant, looking like black oil blobs floating on top?

OP
OP
A

alextmh

Yes there coolant in the engine and it looks milky also there is oil the coolant reservoir too

cdmccul

If everything was assembled properly, then you have a leaking oil cooler... Or bad o-rings in the cooler mounts, etc. The oil filter is attached to the cooler.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230625_100023_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230625_100023_Chrome.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 76

haymaker

funny how we look at least expensive options first but most dealers do the most expensive options first.

Equip

You may want to ask for compensation if they never fixed it right the first time.
Also, coolant in the engine in high concentrates is not good, as it will reduce the life of the bearings for the crankshaft etc.

cdmccul

Being paid for work completed, unfortunately, isn't something they'll give back to you.

But, I think you could easily barter and say:

"I hired you to find the issue, and you 'find' the wrong thing. That I paid for. A lot of money. But, I fixed the oil cooler, and ¡viola! it is fixed. For LOTS less money than the head service. I paid you "XXXXX" to diagnose it the first time. Now I diagnosed it for you. Correctly. I want the diagnosis fee back."

But, you can only effectively do this AFTER you do the fix, and prove the repair.

The diagnosis I gave you is based on the same oil cooler on the Chrysler Pentastar 3.6 v6 engine used in everything they make now. That oil leak is fairly common, and besides a cracked engine block, faulty (cracked) new (?) Engine head, or improperly installed head gasket, it is the only place you can mix oil and water.

If the cooler doesn't fix it, they installed a bad head or bad gasket, by process of elimination.

haymaker

Being paid for work completed, unfortunately, isn't something they'll give back to you.

But, I think you could easily barter and say:

"I hired you to find the issue, and you 'find' the wrong thing. That I paid for. A lot of money. But, I fixed the oil cooler, and ¡viola! it is fixed. For LOTS less money than the head service. I paid you "XXXXX" to diagnose it the first time. Now I diagnosed it for you. Correctly. I want the diagnosis fee back."

But, you can only effectively do this AFTER you do the fix, and prove the repair.

The diagnosis I gave you is based on the same oil cooler on the Chrysler Pentastar 3.6 v6 engine used in everything they make now. That oil leak is fairly common, and besides a cracked engine block, faulty (cracked) new (?) Engine head, or improperly installed head gasket, it is the only place you can mix oil and water.

If the cooler doesn't fix it, they installed a bad head or bad gasket, by process of elimination.

In which case you can get a "reputable dealer" to fix it right

cdmccul

In which case you can get a "reputable dealer" to fix it right
Exactly! Then you probably have legal standing to sue them for damages. (But I'm not a lawyer.)

Latest posts