Bobcat S250 v3800-T

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Phat

I have a very low hour S250 (400) v3800-t kabota. Searched out and oil leak that's pretty bad now. Finally found front seal on crank leaking badly. I haven't had one of these motors apart. Is it that simple to pull belts ,dampner and replace seal? Or might there be a bigger problem...Anybody know the torque spec on the crank bolt. I searched but maybe missed. Thanks ..lurk here and it's been a lot of help

flyerdan

If it was a bit older with the 3300 it would be a cakewalk, however from what I've been able to read on the 3800

shop manual here

it looks like it might have a sleeve on the crankshaft that needs replaced. I just had a quick read through and the book isn't laid out very good, so I could be wrong, hopefully someone who's had one apart will weigh in with some real info.

OP
OP
P

Phat

If it was a bit older with the 3300 it would be a cakewalk, however from what I've been able to read on the 3800

shop manual here

it looks like it might have a sleeve on the crankshaft that needs replaced. I just had a quick read through and the book isn't laid out very good, so I could be wrong, hopefully someone who's had one apart will weigh in with some real info.
Thank you for taking the time too look. I'll pull it in the shop and just pull it apart. Let you know what it looks like incase somebody else does a search.....

OP
OP
P

Phat

Thank you for taking the time too look. I'll pull it in the shop and just pull it apart. Let you know what it looks like incase somebody else does a search.....
Pretty simple fix......drop a/c belt. Alt belt. Remove alt for better access to front pulley bolt.( 21 mm six point) Wooden wedge in flywheel teeth remove front pulley. No need for a puller front pulley is not keyed just slides off. Tight quarters but not real bad .changed out seal and belts. Hopefully that's it for leak.

Tazza

Staff member
Pretty simple fix......drop a/c belt. Alt belt. Remove alt for better access to front pulley bolt.( 21 mm six point) Wooden wedge in flywheel teeth remove front pulley. No need for a puller front pulley is not keyed just slides off. Tight quarters but not real bad .changed out seal and belts. Hopefully that's it for leak.
Glad you got it sorted out easily.