Bobcat S250 AC blowing fuse.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jeff49017

Problem with the ac, keeps blowing fuse. Fan runs fine with heat but when ac switch is turned on after a few minutes the fuse blows. With the machine at idle it drops rpms as soon as ac switch is turned on obviously laboring engine. AC does work until fuse blows. I'm assuming Clutch or compressor but not sure how to test to verify. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tazza

Staff member
could it be as simple as someone installing the wrong value of fuse?

It is possible the clutch coil is shorting out when warming up during operation, there really isn't a lot of complexity in the circuit. Could the fan be a little tight, causing it to pull more amperage than it should? that coupled with the AC compressor (if on the same circuit) could be putting it over the limit.

OP
OP
J

Jeff49017

could it be as simple as someone installing the wrong value of fuse?

It is possible the clutch coil is shorting out when warming up during operation, there really isn't a lot of complexity in the circuit. Could the fan be a little tight, causing it to pull more amperage than it should? that coupled with the AC compressor (if on the same circuit) could be putting it over the limit.
I don't think so it has been working fine and suddenly tripped the fuse and now the fuse blows within 3 to 5 minutes of turning the ac on. Fan seems to be working fine. I'll try unplugging the blower and see if ac alone trips circuit.

cdmccul

If you're in a pinch, wire in a relay to isolate either the fan or clutch, or both. Just make sure to fuse the supply for each.