Bobcat s150 Left Panel Gauges Stepper Motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gable74

I plan on fixing my fuel gauge that is not working correctly. I swapped out the sending unit which I knew was not the issue but it was cheap and quick, so I didn't mind. The gauge is erratic and I am 100% sure its a stepper issue. I would rather not tear mine apart before having one in-hand if someone out there is familiar already. I THINK it may be the same they use on the excavators which is this one:

If anyone knows for certain please let me know. Otherwise I will just open mine up and figure it out. 30min and a little soldering is better than the $800+ they want for new ones.

OP
OP
G

gable74

If anyone is tracking this post, the attached stepper motors linked above were the right ones. I replaced both motors and everything works great. It was a bear trying to get the cover removed from the back of the gauges though as its siliconed in place. Once inside, a few solder points and you're done. Much better than spending the 600 - 700 bucks on new gauges.

Tazza

Staff member
That's awesome news that it did the job, glad it was a success. I have yet to have to dig that deep, i messed with the right panel before due to a power issue, i didn't need to remove and stepper motors at least, thankfully getting into that panel wasn't too hard