Bobcat s150 backing plate

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gwilkrrs

So my backing plate cracked and broke the handle spring. My fault, I have been prying stumps and poking stumps with a poker to get the dirt out of them so a lot of tension it doesn't use-

how easy is it to take off the plate? My friend thinks he can weld itso I am taking it off to take to him and have never done it before

Attachments

• 0B7765EF-4F25-45C1-BDEA-17C57FF73B77.jpeg
    0B7765EF-4F25-45C1-BDEA-17C57FF73B77.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 98

foton

depends on how stuck the bucket pins are, try to drive them out , if it is beyond a reasonable amount of effort , put the skid on a trailer and haul it to him whole.

OP
OP
G

gwilkrrs

Relatively easy removal-
i am wondering if he can fix it- it is tweaked on the one side and cracked on the other- the handle pin is broke too

where besides dealer to price new one?

foton

a oxy/act torch and a big hammer and some bar clamps and other assorted tools . tweaking can be fixed, it is just a matter of time and some skill.

koko

Everything can be fixed....all depends on how much effort one wants to apply! I doubt that you can find a new one, and if you did you'd better be sitting down when told the price!

foton

I guess the way to go is check around for a unit that caught on fire that they are parting out.

billyb

depends on how stuck the bucket pins are, try to drive them out , if it is beyond a reasonable amount of effort , put the skid on a trailer and haul it to him whole.
I have seen a couple where it was hammered back in place, welded and then a piece of steel plate cut to fit and welded on the back side to strengthen it. I have also changed a couple and they cost me about $1500 Canadian with all the handles, springs etc. Advise changing the tapered pins where it mounts to machine at the same time as they are probably worn and the new plate will have new bushings