Bobcat s130 says INPUT

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Topcatcr

I have a Bobcat s130 with 900 hrs I was running it the other day and it had been doing great. Ran it for about 2 hours and then shut it off for a bit and when I went to start it back I turned the key on and it said INPUT. It would not crank and and none of the buttons were responsive. I let it cool down over night and the next morning went to try and start it. I turned the key on and dash lights flickered like crazy for a few minutes and then it finally went to glow plugs and i was able to start it and move it but lift and tilt wouldnt work. I shut it off and now it will just flicker on and off even when key is in off position. I had recently lost hydraulics and it ended up being the drive belt and I did have to replace it. Other than that has been a great machine. Any advice would be very appreciative

ozarkag

Likely one of your dash panels has failed, could possibly be a wire problem but is most likely a panel. IIRC, INPUT error is the left panel, but the power flickering sounds more like the right one, if it is keyless start.. Best way to know for sure is to swap panels, we keep known good ones in the shop. . .

OP
OP
T

Topcatcr

I pulled headliner and entire dash out today and checked the wires plugged everything up while I could see everything and it went straight to glow plug mode and then I started it. I didn't try to move it because I had wires everywhere and couldn't shut the door. So I shut it off and got the wiring to where I could shut the door and then turned the switch on and it says input again. I also pulled battery and cleaned the posts and connectors first thing. Anyone know best place to get a controller or have mine repaired?Or dash panel?

Wayne440

I pulled headliner and entire dash out today and checked the wires plugged everything up while I could see everything and <snip> then I started it...I had wires everywhere and couldn't shut the door. So I shut it off and got the wiring to where I could shut the door and then...
You "had wires everywhere" and it started. You "got the wiring to where I could..." and it wouldn't start. IF it were my machine, I would be carefully checking the wiring again.