Bobcat S130 Hydraulic Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hucon

HI, I'm an amateur to the skid-steer scene and I wouldn't be well versed mechanically. I have went to view a Bobcat for purchasing, its at an auction. All was running fine when I was test driving however once I hit the auxiliary switch (no attachment was attached) the engine started doing a dying in and out sequence. When turned off and started again, this continues. It shows the following codes: 02-17 Hydraulic Pressure Filter Not Connected 07-21 Oil Temperature in the hydraulic system is higher than the maximum allowable. Both Hydraulic Red Warning lights are on, one is constant and one is flashing. I dipped hydraulic Oil and it wasn't showing on the dipstick. Does this sound as simple as No Hydraulic Oil in the machine or is it signals for a more serious problem. As there was also a hose going to nowhere which I thought was suspicious ( I thought this hose would be out of the hydraulic tank, however I'm not sure). Is this where the filter is meant to be? Image Link:https://ibb.co/3TsN487 Any thoughts and help is greatly appreciated, I also have a video of the noise it makes, I will try to upload. Thanks, Peter

reaperman

That photo doesnt look very good. The hydraulic has to be bypassed somewhere but why. If its a auction machine, it better go cheap.

Wayne440

...when I was test driving however once I hit the auxiliary switch (no attachment was attached)...
FWIW, if you did that to my Bobcat, your test drive might end right away. It is normal for the engine to labor when the auxiliary is dead ended into nothing, that is abuse of the machine.
As mentioned in the previous post, try to buy it cheap- there is no telling how much "test driving" abuse it has had by others.

Latest posts