Bobcat S100 1000h maintenance

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat100

Hi! I'm planning to make 1000h maintenance for our 2007 S100 with Kubota V1505. - Engine oil and filter + fuel filter - Hydrostatic filter, charge filter replacement - Chaincase oil replacement - Case drain filters replacement - Coolant and hydraulic oil change These are pretty basic stuff and no questions here. The service schedule mentions valve clearance adjustment and I'm wondering is it possible to complete it without pulling the engine out? If removing the engine is necessary what other adjustments or replacements should be done as the engine is on the table. As I'm located in Finland Bocat original parts have a considerable extra margin on their prices. Any recommendations regarding good quality alternatives for filters and other parts? I appreciate all tips and other information.

Tazza

Staff member
To be honest, if the motor runs fine, i wouldn't bother with adjusting them. I'd like to think you don't need to pull it to get the rocker cover off to check/adjust the valve clearance.
I have never had to do this on my machines. It was always re-condition the motor, run it for a few hours, re-torque the head bolts and check valve clearance, after that, i never touch them again.