Bobcat S-650, very slow going forward

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

thwerench

Hello and thanks to everyone who reads this, I had a friend helping me remove broken tree's from a recent storm, when he was done he mentioned that the machine had become slow in forward, I tried it and sure enough it is, all hydraulics work fine, steering, lifting, turning, but the levers wont move forward very far, seems like there not centered, can't move them very far forward but they pull way back for reverse, the machine moves very very quickly in reverse now in fact.
It's a 2 speed and that works, with advanced control system [ACS], everything hydraulic works as it should, it just seems the center/at rest position [ pivot point ?] of both levers has moved forward, preventing the levers from being pushed very far, I hope it's an adjustment or possibly bushing ?, it's an enclosed cab with heat no a/c, is it a big job to get at where the levers are to look at there movement?

Thanks in advance............Steve

OP
OP
thwerench

thwerench

Hello again, it seems like things are returning to where I started on this, after lifting the cab I seen the two rods traveling from the levers back to the hydraulic motors and loosened the 2 3/8 bolts where they slide, I set the at rest point of the levers in the center again, [ there are two switches near the base of the levers, I adjusted those rods to where the levers are not quite touching the switches, is that right?], after my adjustment the travel felt right again both forward and reverse, and the machines forward speed returned to normal as did reverse, but now, after using it the lever travel is slowly progressing towards reverse again, I'd say 1/3 forward to 2/3 reverse.
Some how the at rest point of the levers is moving and I don't know why or where, any ideas or feed back would be greatly appreciated, as stated before, the machine moves and works as it should, all hydraulics are fine, lift, tilt, steering, everything is as it should be except the pivot point of the levers is moving towards reverse, my S-650 travels way to fast in reverse and not fast enough forward, I need help, please.

Steve