Bobcat S-650 good or not?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

johnd2007

Hi, first time skid steer buyer here. Mainly needing to unload and handle 3500-4000 pallet material on semi rough terrain. Better machine/brand than Bobcat? I'm buying new. Thanks John

Bobcatdan

Is that how many pallets you want to move or how much they weigh? 3500 lbs from truck height is to heavy for a 650. That is more a job for a 770. Look for a left over tier 3 engine model and demo it to see if you like it. They are nice machines.

OP
OP
J

johnd2007

Is that how many pallets you want to move or how much they weigh? 3500 lbs from truck height is to heavy for a 650. That is more a job for a 770. Look for a left over tier 3 engine model and demo it to see if you like it. They are nice machines.
Thanks Bobcat Bob, I will be handling/unloading 3500lb pallets from my medium sized gooseneck trailer which the deck ht is apprx 40 inches high. I'm trying to keep the size (and wt) of the skid steer to a minimum so that I can haul as much material on my initial delivery of material, and, of course the smaller the skidder the smaller the cost. Thanks for your input. I guess I'll actually demo the S-650 to see if & how it will handle that wt material from my flat bed's ht.

Latest posts