Bobcat Parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Farmerdad

Have a friend who has a Bobcat 751 about 1998. The Fuel Shutoff Solenoid (part # 6662552) went bad and finding this part was next to impossible! All the Bobcat dealers stated that the part is no longer made by anyone, not even after market. If that's the case what are owners to do? Park the skid steer in the trees and junk it! Did find it after a million phone calls and the run a round. I'm just curious why no one is making this part and are there other parts on the Bobcats that are no longer being manufactured? Makes a guy wonder if he should get rid of it before it becomes useless. Any thoughts?

brdgbldr

Have a friend who has a Bobcat 751 about 1998. The Fuel Shutoff Solenoid (part # 6662552) went bad and finding this part was next to impossible! All the Bobcat dealers stated that the part is no longer made by anyone, not even after market. If that's the case what are owners to do? Park the skid steer in the trees and junk it! Did find it after a million phone calls and the run a round. I'm just curious why no one is making this part and are there other parts on the Bobcats that are no longer being manufactured? Makes a guy wonder if he should get rid of it before it becomes useless. Any thoughts?
It's not just Bobcat. There are a lot of parts for older machines, of all brands, that are not made anymore. I see a lot more posts these days of people having parts made or modified to work.

We have become a throw away society. Even the auto industry has become this way. The parts are not rebuildable and once the model is changed, or no longer manufactured, the only parts left are what was stockpiled, and these normally run out in just a few years.

I've run into this problem with all sorts of different industries.

If you really want to see some innovative people look into the old American made automobiles in Cuba. After the US cut them off in the 50's they had no parts for there cars but many of them are still running today.

Tazza

Staff member
If it's running the Peugeot engine, these were used for only 1 year, and then they went back to Kubota, i wouldn't blame Bobcat too much for it as it's a french engine, you can likely get a few engine related parts from Ebay in england, that's where i got a timing kit from when i needed one.

How many parts do you keep on the shelf? i can't blame them too much for not having parts for a 20-30 year old machine, if it was only a few years old, then yes, i'd be a little cranky.

billyb

Available on Ebay for about $15. Look for it using engine make instead of Bobcat

OP
OP
F

Farmerdad

1695764300615.png

Latest posts