Bobcat Parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I need parts, but i need parts off a 751....... Even a 753 may work.

perry

I need parts, but i need parts off a 751....... Even a 753 may work.
Tazza, I'm not sure how often the 'control box' on 853's go bad?, just in case, how much would you want for one in good shape?.
Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, I'm not sure how often the 'control box' on 853's go bad?, just in case, how much would you want for one in good shape?.
Thanks
I honestly don't know how often they go bad, i think i remember Ken having trouble with his control box on one of his machines. If the price is rite, you can't really go wrong though.

perry

I honestly don't know how often they go bad, i think i remember Ken having trouble with his control box on one of his machines. If the price is rite, you can't really go wrong though.
Fish, how much for the 853 control box?.
Thanks...

skidsteer.ca

Fish, how much for the 853 control box?.
Thanks...
Perry
Mine was wiring in the end, though I borrowed a box from local fellow to aid testing. There are 3 different kinds according to dealer, better take some pics to be sure.
My 773g has gremlins in the aux hyd too. The intemittant flow sticks on. Several hyd valve spools and a new computer have failed to cure the trouble. (cured the screwy water temp though) Starting to think its the switch on steering lever. Does the 751 have one of those Fish?
Ken

perry

Perry
Mine was wiring in the end, though I borrowed a box from local fellow to aid testing. There are 3 different kinds according to dealer, better take some pics to be sure.
My 773g has gremlins in the aux hyd too. The intemittant flow sticks on. Several hyd valve spools and a new computer have failed to cure the trouble. (cured the screwy water temp though) Starting to think its the switch on steering lever. Does the 751 have one of those Fish?
Ken
I'm not experiencing any problems, want one just in case....
Thanks

skidsteer.ca

I'm not experiencing any problems, want one just in case....
Thanks
Perry
I figured that, just check to be sure its the same one.
Wonder if these are the same in the 700 series loaders from the mid 90's ???
Regards
Ken

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Perry
I figured that, just check to be sure its the same one.
Wonder if these are the same in the 700 series loaders from the mid 90's ???
Regards
Ken
I am sorry for not responding , never thought of checking the thread for any responces , just happen to scroll down the page and see highlighted fresh post and found this by accident , it would be nice if the site would send you an e-mail if there is a responce to a thread you posted on -------------Perry , the controller I thinking your talking the box mounted under the left panel side of the foot pedal which I think could be a 2 wire or a 4 wire depending on when it was built , and is it programmed to the machine , the serial number and hours are in and can't be scrubbed by a dealer , only a Bobcat Factory rep can't do it and they don't do it for people like us , on we on the same page

owensge

I am sorry for not responding , never thought of checking the thread for any responces , just happen to scroll down the page and see highlighted fresh post and found this by accident , it would be nice if the site would send you an e-mail if there is a responce to a thread you posted on -------------Perry , the controller I thinking your talking the box mounted under the left panel side of the foot pedal which I think could be a 2 wire or a 4 wire depending on when it was built , and is it programmed to the machine , the serial number and hours are in and can't be scrubbed by a dealer , only a Bobcat Factory rep can't do it and they don't do it for people like us , on we on the same page
Edit your Profile and check "Enable Email Tracking" to enable this feature.

perry

Edit your Profile and check "Enable Email Tracking" to enable this feature.
Fish, it's the one behind the seat with one barrel connection and two or three plug in connections.
I'll send a picture if you need one, mine is the 853C. let me know if you need the serial#.
Thanks

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Fish, it's the one behind the seat with one barrel connection and two or three plug in connections.
I'll send a picture if you need one, mine is the 853C. let me know if you need the serial#.
Thanks
Perry, I am suppose to be by the machines today , but I make a to do list everyday and by 7:30 that list is usually trashed and a new set of fires are in line to be put out , I will pop the cab asap and see what we got , I was thinking new style controller where it is on the side the frame , that was a bad move on Bobcats part putting it lower and giving it a bettter chance to get wet , even though it is sealed I have seen them take on water , they should have left it where it was ------I still think the serial number and hours will show from the machine you take the controller off of , and on the machine you put it on , don't think that is a good idea as you if it is even stolen and found f they scan the unit it will not show up as yours , also I don't think it will be no problem with a 53 series but on newer styles been bit with things that need to be turned on thru the lap top , one for instance is if one machine was hy-flow and one not and if you make the change , it won't turn on the hy-flow unless it is enable thru the lap top on newer machines , not sure on 53's , also had this happen on a brand new controller that the dealer programmed for me , after it was installed the aux wouldn't power up , it worked before the controller was changed wasted a few hours figuring it out , they plugged it in and enable the aux and all was well

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Perry, I am suppose to be by the machines today , but I make a to do list everyday and by 7:30 that list is usually trashed and a new set of fires are in line to be put out , I will pop the cab asap and see what we got , I was thinking new style controller where it is on the side the frame , that was a bad move on Bobcats part putting it lower and giving it a bettter chance to get wet , even though it is sealed I have seen them take on water , they should have left it where it was ------I still think the serial number and hours will show from the machine you take the controller off of , and on the machine you put it on , don't think that is a good idea as you if it is even stolen and found f they scan the unit it will not show up as yours , also I don't think it will be no problem with a 53 series but on newer styles been bit with things that need to be turned on thru the lap top , one for instance is if one machine was hy-flow and one not and if you make the change , it won't turn on the hy-flow unless it is enable thru the lap top on newer machines , not sure on 53's , also had this happen on a brand new controller that the dealer programmed for me , after it was installed the aux wouldn't power up , it worked before the controller was changed wasted a few hours figuring it out , they plugged it in and enable the aux and all was well
Perry , didn't forget about you , I was at the 853 today and it has a BOSS box bolted under the cab , the boom is down and it doesn't run and two machines were pushed against each side , the bolts holding it in were rusted bad and I was short of time , didn't pull it off , seen two plugs going into it

perry

Perry , didn't forget about you , I was at the 853 today and it has a BOSS box bolted under the cab , the boom is down and it doesn't run and two machines were pushed against each side , the bolts holding it in were rusted bad and I was short of time , didn't pull it off , seen two plugs going into it
Fish, I call BC and inquired about my control box, he ask if I had 'hand' controls and it finally hit me!!. I remove my hand controls and replaced with hand and foot controls, all those switches that I had on both my hand controls such as, lights, aux controls, stablizers and such, were controlled by that 'box'. I now have only the right hand switches, toggle left/right and trigger. I reconfigured my 853 and it works after changing out the hand controls??, I guess I'm lucky, it never occurred to me to be careful and make sure what I was doing was going to work.
I now have three or four plug in's hanging loose, guess I better waterproof them?.

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Fish, I call BC and inquired about my control box, he ask if I had 'hand' controls and it finally hit me!!. I remove my hand controls and replaced with hand and foot controls, all those switches that I had on both my hand controls such as, lights, aux controls, stablizers and such, were controlled by that 'box'. I now have only the right hand switches, toggle left/right and trigger. I reconfigured my 853 and it works after changing out the hand controls??, I guess I'm lucky, it never occurred to me to be careful and make sure what I was doing was going to work.
I now have three or four plug in's hanging loose, guess I better waterproof them?.
I didn't know that was possible , good thing to know it can be changed over without too much modifaction , so I would think from what your saying is that the controller of a hand controll machine has extra wire plugs in it but you can run the machine with them being plugged in and foot controlls installed --------a guy with the hand controlls on a 873 was having nothing but problems , had a buy a new joy stick and a actuator on it was ridiculous in price , probally could have coverted it for less money than those two parts

perry

I didn't know that was possible , good thing to know it can be changed over without too much modifaction , so I would think from what your saying is that the controller of a hand controll machine has extra wire plugs in it but you can run the machine with them being plugged in and foot controlls installed --------a guy with the hand controlls on a 873 was having nothing but problems , had a buy a new joy stick and a actuator on it was ridiculous in price , probally could have coverted it for less money than those two parts
No, my 853 runs fine without the left hand controls, in other words my left hand control stick has 'no' connections, the right has only 'one', for the aux hyd.. the control box works without all those connections being hooked up. Like I said, I'm lucky.
I would suggest that anyone attempting to do the same, make sure they get the control box along with the foot paddle assembly. I don't imagine all machines will work the same as mine.

Butters

No, my 853 runs fine without the left hand controls, in other words my left hand control stick has 'no' connections, the right has only 'one', for the aux hyd.. the control box works without all those connections being hooked up. Like I said, I'm lucky.
I would suggest that anyone attempting to do the same, make sure they get the control box along with the foot paddle assembly. I don't imagine all machines will work the same as mine.
If you are parting them out, what would you take for a bob-tach?