Bobcat Mt-85 tilted over

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fwshi2

Bobcat Mt-85 tilted over
Hi everyone I let a friend use my mini he tilted it over now there is light blue smoke coming from it.
Is there any thing I can do to solved this .
machine still sound good everything still work fine it just smokes

SkidRoe

What colour is the smoke? Is it constant or does it come and go? What steps did you take after the machine was uprighted?

OP
OP
F

fwshi2

What colour is the smoke? Is it constant or does it come and go? What steps did you take after the machine was uprighted?
the smoke is light blue and white
I change the oil and filter fuel filter air filter
on a scale of 1to 10 yesterday i ran it on 8 for about 30min
still smoking
but as i turn it down to about 4 it seems to smoke very little
But once i turn it up it get worst
If i turn it off then on again leaving it on 4 it smoke at first then go away to almost nothing

SkidRoe

Is it consuming oil or coolant? Is it down on power? Hard to start? How is the air filter? Did you try turning the engine over manually after you uprighted it?

koko

A little late with my reply but years ago while back filling a trench, in the dark, I ended up upside down in the trench with my little Kubota. After getting out of the machine & before shock took over, I extracted it as I had a gin pole truck & a back hoe really close by. After it was sitting upright I was getting a little "jumpy" so I went to the house & had a couple of good shots & supper. Went out after about an hour, started the machine & it smoked for only a few seconds & was all good after that.
I will add that the machine was shut down as soon as I felt it sliding into the ditch