BOBCAT =FIRES

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

7LBSSMALLIE

its that time of year again. birds looking for a place to nest. they seem to like turbos. they will get in.. THINGS YOU CAN DO. A. have a fire extinsuer handy. rountiley raise cab and inspect. for debris. park unit away from barns etc.

farmshop

Just use them more. Ours dont sit still long enough for birds to nest. We have put 10's of thousands of hours in dirty dusty environment with no fires(knocking on wood while typing). An occasional wash helps also

OP
OP

7LBSSMALLIE

Just use them more. Ours dont sit still long enough for birds to nest. We have put 10's of thousands of hours in dirty dusty environment with no fires(knocking on wood while typing). An occasional wash helps also
THANK S FOR THE REPLY.. just today pulled a half a bale of oily greasy straw outta of a unit. most of it off the turbo. you can ride youre horse to mcdonalds but you cant make him eat I big mac. lessons learned hard are lessons learned well. if folks choose to not do daily inspection. as in grease check fluids and visually inspect. TOO BAD SO SAD.

bobcatguy

I've watched Starlings fly in and out of my machines back by the lift cylinders and even around the opening in around the exhaust pipe. I always check my machines before I run. This time of year I don't even bother putting the cab nuts on.

farmshop

I've watched Starlings fly in and out of my machines back by the lift cylinders and even around the opening in around the exhaust pipe. I always check my machines before I run. This time of year I don't even bother putting the cab nuts on.
I wouldn't run a machine with out the cab bolted down. My buddy borrowed a 773g from a neighbor while he was moving dirt he backed over a pile and when the skid steer started to tip the cab came up with him in the seat. Luckily he didn't get hurt when it went over. Had to tip it back up with our payloader. Not sure if he ever told the owner what happend or not

HanSolo

I'll chime in with be sure your starter battery is secured well. I seen a lot of burned 843 parts machines on the web and I suspect many of those fires started with a loose battery flooping around. Short that positive to chassis in a greasy engine compartment and you'll go up in flames in a heart beat!