Bobcat control valve Hydraulic lines removal, EXTREMELY tight

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Homer Allman

I need to take the control valve out of my t 250. The metal tubing is the first thing that needs to be removed but they are so tight I'm afraid if I do any drastic I will break the valve body. Can I heat those lines and have a better chance of getting them loose? What other tips do you have for removing these?

farmshop

You can heat them carefully otherwise a air hammer works good for dislodging stuck hydraulic fittings

dsmithson

You can heat them carefully otherwise a air hammer works good for dislodging stuck hydraulic fittings
Penetrating oil, I found most of mine has rust in there holding them on, theres a few brands, but I believe the homemade one might be superior, Its transfluid mixed with acetone, a 1:1 ratio is what this recipe calls for, also the information may or may not be true, but I found the test numbers to be interesting, 53 lbs of pressure required to break a bolt as opposed to 127 with liquid wrench and 516 with nothing, https://oppositelock.kinja.com/make-your-own-kick-ass-penetrating-oil-1739690558

dsmithson

Penetrating oil, I found most of mine has rust in there holding them on, theres a few brands, but I believe the homemade one might be superior, Its transfluid mixed with acetone, a 1:1 ratio is what this recipe calls for, also the information may or may not be true, but I found the test numbers to be interesting, 53 lbs of pressure required to break a bolt as opposed to 127 with liquid wrench and 516 with nothing, https://oppositelock.kinja.com/make-your-own-kick-ass-penetrating-oil-1739690558
also try giving the nut several light taps with a hammer, if you cant reach it put a chisel on the nut and tap that the vibration made a world of difference when I was removing mine.

OP
OP
H

Homer Allman

also try giving the nut several light taps with a hammer, if you cant reach it put a chisel on the nut and tap that the vibration made a world of difference when I was removing mine.
thanks for the tips. I will put them to good use today. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Latest posts