Bobcat bone yard

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jobo

Does anyone know if there is a boneyard in New England, even better northern New England which has bobcat skidsteers?. In the process of rebuilding mine I am hoping to save some money on some of the less critical items such as the antifreeze overflow, and maybe some other small items which are not wear critical. Thank you.

bremery

This the only place I can think thats eastern but if you go down to the salvage topic on the forum there may be others. http://www.wengers.com/Parts/SkidLoaderParts.aspx
You may want to check a dealer for some of the items. I think I got an overflow for $13, which I thought was pretty reasonable.
As for bone yards, there is not much in the Northeast.

Tazza

Staff member
You may want to check a dealer for some of the items. I think I got an overflow for $13, which I thought was pretty reasonable.
As for bone yards, there is not much in the Northeast.
I was about to mention that, the over flow bottle with a cap is like $20.

OP
OP
J

Jobo

I was about to mention that, the over flow bottle with a cap is like $20.
I was using that part as an example. Basically what I have at this point to work with is a good rolling chassis, What appears to be a good re-buildable block, and good hydraulic pistons, and hopefully good pumps. I am expecting that i am going to spend thousands on this rebuild to do it correctly, but figured anything i can get used thats not a wear item will save me a little.

Tazza

Staff member
I was using that part as an example. Basically what I have at this point to work with is a good rolling chassis, What appears to be a good re-buildable block, and good hydraulic pistons, and hopefully good pumps. I am expecting that i am going to spend thousands on this rebuild to do it correctly, but figured anything i can get used thats not a wear item will save me a little.
Sadly they do add up fast. I bought a 743 for... 3k that had a fire. After i had it all done up, it owes me about 12k. That is totally done over, i know 100% the state of the machine. Yours will be the same of you have to spend a bit on it to get it right. The worst parts that you need is the wiring. I needed some for my 751, one harness locally was $1,500 i got a used one for $150.

Dave Wetter

I have a 751 and need mounting brackets (6538707) to mount a 709 backhoe. Can't seem to find a used set anywhere ---- can anyone help please

brdgbldr

You probably already know that you can buy the new "Mount Kit, 6538707" from shop.bobcat.com for $1249.90. You'd need to call Bobcat to see what all was included in the "Kit". The used backhoe brackets that I have rarely found, normally go for a small fortune anyway.
tractorhouse.com says they have one but you would have to call them for a price.

Last edited:

Latest posts