Bobcat Backhoe Brackets needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
S

Schifference

This is a disheartening situation.
I just recently purchased this backhoe and guy had it on a 773F. I got the brackets and didn't think anything about it until today. The brackets I have are stamped 6538707. Guy I got unit from said he didn't need to drill any holes. My 773G has no holes where these brackets would need to go and if they were mounted the way I perceive they should go, they would be too wide to accept the 709.

Bobcat sent me a PDF that showed that 773G used 6539675 & 6539678 part numbers. That same PDF indicates that 6538707 doesn't fit a 773.

When I was on the phone with bobcat and she gave me the numbers I asked her if G made a difference or the serial number and she said no.

brdgbldr

I do know that the 773F and 773G have completely different lift arms. This would tell me that the frames are most likely different also.

I included a page from the parts page but you should go to it and enter your serial number and then search "backhoe" to find the proper brackets:

Worst case, they still sell these at Bobcat.

Attachments

• 773 bracket.pdf
    116.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Schifference

I do know that the 773F and 773G have completely different lift arms. This would tell me that the frames are most likely different also.

I included a page from the parts page but you should go to it and enter your serial number and then search "backhoe" to find the proper brackets:

I spoke with Bobcat yesterday and they said they no longer carry the brackets. They gave me the numbers I listed along with a PDF. I am glad you chimed in because your numbers are different and your picture looks more like what would work. I do not know. Obviously I would like to locate the proper brackets. Please see PDF from Bobcat. Furthermore they said it didn't matter if it was a G or not and said serial number didn't matter. Obviously these are not cheap or easy to locate so I would prefer getting/locating the proper ones.

Attachments

• Backhoe (709) (709FDS) (Mounting Kits)_(S_N 270000101 & Above, A54M00101 & Above, 584100101 & ...pdf
    161.4 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
S

Schifference

I spoke with bobcat again this morning and their catalog references what you and I think are the wrong brackets. They are very friendly and willing to pass along PDF's and try to help. What this guy said was that the item you recommend is a lift kit. He says it is not identified as a mounting bracket for the 709. He said there are only so many mounting brackets for 709 and suggested that maybe I am looking for kit #7101325. He sent along mounting instructions PDF. He says this item is available from Bobcat but doesn't specify that it fits 773G. Please note I am grateful for your input. I just want to make sure I am seeking mounting brackets that will work. Please look at PDF. Thanks!

Attachments

• 6902798.pdf
    300.7 KB · Views: 89

brdgbldr

Yeah, not only do the machines vary but also the backhoes. There was just a posting on here where the machine actually had two sets of brackets on it. The brackets were for two different backhoes.

One thing is that Bobcat has a 30 day return policy as long as you don't scuff up the parts.

You can't try to compare the frames of the G and F in the parts catalog. Just enter the "model" and look at the older serial numbered schematics. The schematics are kinda small and not real detailed though.

Here is a photo of the F with a 709. Only one I could find.
https://webassets.lqdt1.com/assets/photos/3132/3132_1112_1.jpg?cb=200616130918&h=480&webp=false
1683043150669.png

brdgbldr

You may want to look at photos online of the G and F. The frames have obvious differences, like fenders.

Here is a video with the 773G brackets:

Tregan

This is a disheartening situation.
I just recently purchased this backhoe and guy had it on a 773F. I got the brackets and didn't think anything about it until today. The brackets I have are stamped 6538707. Guy I got unit from said he didn't need to drill any holes. My 773G has no holes where these brackets would need to go and if they were mounted the way I perceive they should go, they would be too wide to accept the 709.

Bobcat sent me a PDF that showed that 773G used 6539675 & 6539678 part numbers. That same PDF indicates that 6538707 doesn't fit a 773.

When I was on the phone with bobcat and she gave me the numbers I asked her if G made a difference or the serial number and she said no.
You wouldn't happen to still have the brackets for the 773F would you? I need some. Thanks