Bobcat 980 for sale?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Race Dornan

I have a running Bobcat model 980 with over the tire tracks. I think it's an 87' model, it has the Cummins 4bt engine which starts easily and runs well. All hydraulic cylinders were recently rebuilt by Central Hydraulics in Fort Smith, AR. It moves around as it should but the controls are quite stiff. I'm trying to figure out what this thing is worth should I decide to sell it. Any help would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• JPEG_20220313_144640_.png
    JPEG_20220313_144640_.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 207
  • JPEG_20220313_144718_.png
    JPEG_20220313_144718_.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 430

Wayne440

The "worth" of a given machine is not a fixed value. There are many factors that all interplay and those make it practically impossible to say "your machine is worth X dollars". One thing to be aware of is that your 980 is considerably larger and heavier than the more popular models and that will limit the market to some degree. Be sure that prospective buyers know that it weighs more than 14000 pounds and is about 8 feet high and almost that wide; if they can't haul it they are not likely to buy it.

My advice- Price it at more than you think it is worth and drop the price by $500 a month (less or more often depending on how bad you want to sell). When it sells you will know its value.

OP
OP
R

Race Dornan

Thanks for the reply, you made some good points and I will make sure any interested party understands the things you mentioned.

Timberpro$761

I have a running Bobcat model 980 with over the tire tracks. I think it's an 87' model, it has the Cummins 4bt engine which starts easily and runs well. All hydraulic cylinders were recently rebuilt by Central Hydraulics in Fort Smith, AR. It moves around as it should but the controls are quite stiff. I'm trying to figure out what this thing is worth should I decide to sell it. Any help would be most appreciated.
Do you have this for sale still?

Walter

I may know someone who may be interested in your 980 if you are considering selling it. Please call me if you would like to discuss it. 864 590 5738. Thanks