Bobcat 883 keeps cycling when you turn the key

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ebaum

Bobcat keeps cycling when you turn the key beep beep beep beep beep doesn't stop don't here a click when you try to turn it over good battery any help would be appreciated

FJRDarksider

Fuse blown
Bad ground
Ignition relay
Starter solenoid
Ignition switch itself?

Could be one or more of the above. If you have an electrical schematic it should be helpful in tracing down the issue. That said, every time my car has had a starting issue it has been a corroded ground.....either at the solenoid itself or the block/frame, so start with checking that and the fuse perhaps.

I had a recent starting issue with my 853, which turned out to be a bad relay and incorrect ignition switch wiring (from previous owner)

OP
OP
E

ebaum

Awesome thanks for the feed back I'll update when I have time to check it all out

OP
OP
E

ebaum

Ended up checking everything out relays were good grounds we good. battery was a-little dead but not terrible ended up getting a new one problem didn't go away until I sanded the inside of the stem connectors and cut a bigger grove in the connectors to get a tight clamp. moral of the story is start on the little things!