Bobcat 873 Parts/burned/resore project

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dsmithson

I purchased a burned 873, Plan a has been to find parts and fix it, if plan a fails plan b is to sell the parts and parts from the machine, I have been fortunate enough to find a parts machine that matches my serial no series and generation, Ive bought almost all of the plastic and rubber items from the machine, but still lacking a rear wire harness, plastic engine cover and air cleaner. to name just a few. The parts machine does vary somewhat in the hand controls, the parts machine has what appears to be more functions. Id like to know if any of you have made your own wire harness? also any tips on where I can locate some cheap parts, the guy selling me stuff has been way reasonable. Ive spent 400.00 sofar, but have a huge chunk of what was missing. Also the engine is the Deutz 2011, The crank turns freely and timing belt is intact, but need to find out how to do a compression test.

flyerdan

There is a repair manual for the 873 in the manual thread, that will help with the Deutz tests and wiring diagrams.
I just got a mail catalog from All State Ag Parts, they are an equipment wrecking yard that has skidsteer parts. Don't know about affordability, but chances are they will have or can get some hard to find items.

OP
OP
D

dsmithson

There is a repair manual for the 873 in the manual thread, that will help with the Deutz tests and wiring diagrams.
I just got a mail catalog from All State Ag Parts, they are an equipment wrecking yard that has skidsteer parts. Don't know about affordability, but chances are they will have or can get some hard to find items.
Thank you, I haven't been able to look through the repair manual, or check to see if it will work with my f series, but it is a step in the right direction. Thank you so much!

micky

Hi, hope your project is going well. If you decided not to do it, i would be very interested in buying a bob-tachs.