Bobcat 873 Fuel Tank Pickup

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

memphisdoug

I have a Bobcat 873 that has apparently had the fuel tank pickup fall off in the tank. I want to replace the pickup but getting elbow out of the tank seems virtually impossible. It is one of those situations where I can reach down and around stuff and can feel the elbow but not see it. I can't figure any way to get anything in to pry it out. I have a service manual and it doesn't address the situation. Any ideas of how to get the pickup elbow and rubber grommet to let loose from the tank?

bobbie-g

I have an 863G, 1999. Here are my notes on how I replaced the broken off pickup tube on my machine. :) ---Bobbie-G
  • Fuel pickup line in tank. A toughie, but what did you expect? Wash off top of tank. Block back of machine, pull right rear wheel and inspection cover, run arms up, lift cab. Reachable with left arm coming in thru the hole under the inspection cover behind wheel. Pry bung and old elbow out with pry bar. Assemble new stuff thru new bung, then thread everything into tank. Push bung into tank, then push elbow into bung with WD40 and a pry bar. Not too bad, about a 2 hr job.

Latest posts