Bobcat 873, Duetz BF4M 1011f

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bttpe

I rebuilt the engine in my 873 and reused the injectors. Two of the injection pumps were seized (the pin would not move freely) so I replaced them with two "other" injection pumps. The depth of the pump assemblies measure different. Now to the problem. The fuel control rack moves freely in and out which I checked with the fuel shut off solenoid out. I can easily start. However I cannot shut off without manually shutting off fuel (installed a ball valve). I measured all the of the depths for the injection pumps and reused the shims based on the measurements. I don't understand if I have an injector problem or a pump problem. It would seem to me that the fuel rack would shut off each pump and that there shouldn't be any reason for fuel to continue to flow if the rack is shut (pressed IN which would rotate the injection pump pins Clockwise to shut off). Anyone have experience with this?

Tazza

Staff member
I have never worked on one of these engines, i'd suspect the issue is the wto pumps you used that didn't match what you took out. One issue could be that the elements inside are larger or smaller than the original, so it may not deliver the correct amount of fuel. The rack may need a little more travel than the original ones, so at fully closed, on two, the other two may still pump causing it to keep running.
If you spent the time and money rebuilding the rest of the motor, get the injectors and pumps cleaned/inspected to be sure it's spot on too.