bobcat 863

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

joewrench

my auger attachment wont stop spinning.. when switch in nutral and also does not spin in reverse.. i tryed the auger on both of my cat and same problem shop just rebuilt the auger for this issue PLEASE HELP

Tazza

Staff member
I wonder if the issue could be a bad solenoid on the machines, but for two to do the same thing seems odd, but not unheard of.
What happens if you swap the quick couplers, does the rotation go backwards?

OP
OP
J

joewrench

I wonder if the issue could be a bad solenoid on the machines, but for two to do the same thing seems odd, but not unheard of.
What happens if you swap the quick couplers, does the rotation go backwards?
where is that solenoid located and how to test? i switch couplers same thing spinnins in same direction

Tazza

Staff member
where is that solenoid located and how to test? i switch couplers same thing spinnins in same direction
With the cab up, look to the left for the control block. There should be two coils on the top, one at the front, one at the back. There will be a nut at the top to remove so you can get the coil off, and you then un-screw the stem that the coil slides over.
Be careful with the stem, they can be easily damaged, do not hit the rod that the coil slides over.