Bobcat 863 g-series wont do NOTHING

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bub

Hello I was using my bobcat the other day everything working good an it just shut down everything went off I pushed the enter button it came on started right up went about 5 minutes an done it again I realized something was up so I tried to get it put up an it died again an would not do anything if I hold the enter button inn it will light the screen up but doesn't show anything an the left panel shows input but only when I hold the enter button in. I have checked the fuses they are all good pulled the panels on both sides looked at the wiring don't see anything thing wrong I do have power on the red wire going to the ignition panel please help I'm lost on it

brdgbldr

Hopefully it's not your control panel.

Check, clean and tighten ALL of your ground points. You'd be amazed at what a bad ground will do on these machines.

The wiring can go bad inside of the looms. Check all points that the wire loom could be pinched including the factory ties. The problem with the wiring is that there can be a short that is not visible. Sometimes the only way to find it is to check the conductivity of every wire. This sometimes requires removing the wire harnesses.

OP
OP
B

bub

I pulled both panels an the center one an checked the wire for continuity an all the wires on the plug have continuity from the right an left panel the way it acted makes me think its a wire because it shut down an started back about 5 times then nothing but by checking it almost acts like it's the panel I pulled the right panel apart to see if I saw any burt or bad spots in the board but it looked great inside

Mustang Guy

I had that issue. Come to find out it was the occupancy switch timer.
Btw, "Won't do nothing" is a double negative, means nothing. Won't do anything - means something.

OP
OP
B

bub

I don't believe mine has that I think it just has the seat bar switch because it would start without me being in the seat

OP
OP
B

bub

I found this plug that looks like it has a fuseable link in it an the wire just loops back into the plug I tested it for continuity an it doesn't have any from the fuse link I jumped a wire to it but still nothing

Attachments

• 20230116_162617.jpg
    20230116_162617.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts