Bobcat 853 lift weak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

David larry

Hello all I have a bobcat 853 I recently acquired the fluid looks clear and like new at the proper level but the lift and tilt is weak as far as it driving no issues what so ever where would I start to locate the problem

brdgbldr

Go to bobcatpartsonline.com and look up your machine by serial number and then search for filter. Look for any filters that may be in the hydraulic circuit that may need to be cleaned or replaced.

These filters are often times neglected even though the main filter and fluid is changed.

brdgbldr

Since both the lift and tilt are weak, that makes me think the BICS valve may be having problems. If your machine has a BICS valve.

I've never worked on an 853 but I know the later models had a BICS system. "The BICS Valve combines hydraulic lift and tilt lock features into one valve. Early BICS systems used two separate valves". The BICS has an electric solenoid valve that opens the path for inlet oil to open the lift and tilt valves. So something could be wrong with the solenoid or valves. Also, both the check valve and solenoid valves in the BICS have screens in them as an oil filtering function, these could be clogged.

Latest posts