Bobcat 843B Starting Problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RMBillings

So I bought a used 843B now that I have it home I can't get it started to get it off the trailer. All it does it click when I turn the key. I am pretty sure I am following the proper starting procedure and the temp is 80 degrees. The battery is fully charged and all the lights and everything come on but it just clicks when I turn the key. It ran fine when I tested it and when we drove it up on the trailer. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know. Thank you.

Ralph123

I have a 763 and I am not a mechanic so don't know if the 2 machines are similar BUT I have been playing with mine for a couple months to get all the kinks out. Mine has 2 positive wires off of the battery and the smaller lead goes to a fuse that says "little fuse 100 mega". Mine was doing the same little click so I jumped the fuse with a screwdriver and had a buddy try and start it and it worked. Now I just hooked the 2 wires together temporarily till I can get to Bobcat tomorrow and get the fuse. It was sort of finicky but would still work sometimes. Other wise you can just try and jump the power wire on the solenoid to the first small wire and see if it turns over.

OP
OP
R

RMBillings

I have a 763 and I am not a mechanic so don't know if the 2 machines are similar BUT I have been playing with mine for a couple months to get all the kinks out. Mine has 2 positive wires off of the battery and the smaller lead goes to a fuse that says "little fuse 100 mega". Mine was doing the same little click so I jumped the fuse with a screwdriver and had a buddy try and start it and it worked. Now I just hooked the 2 wires together temporarily till I can get to Bobcat tomorrow and get the fuse. It was sort of finicky but would still work sometimes. Other wise you can just try and jump the power wire on the solenoid to the first small wire and see if it turns over.
I tried jumping across the solenoid on top of the start but it still just clicks. What is the part number on the part you are changing out?

Tazza

Staff member
I tried jumping across the solenoid on top of the start but it still just clicks. What is the part number on the part you are changing out?
You may need to take the starter to a shop to get repaired. You may be able to find a cheap new one on ebay too
You may be able to pull the starter solenoid down and get it going too, i have done it before.

OP
OP
R

RMBillings

You may need to take the starter to a shop to get repaired. You may be able to find a cheap new one on ebay too
You may be able to pull the starter solenoid down and get it going too, i have done it before.
The starter ended up being bad. it is off being rebuild by local company. Should have back next week.